Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Doggy Genius


My Tuesday night was going well. I made dinner in the ideal time frame. This is 2 days in a row which is nearly a miracle. I load up Hulda's cube with treats. She makes a huge racket rolling it around on the saltillo tiles. It's great! She really wants the goodies inside, they are a favorite (Bil-Jac's Liver Treats). The cube is designed to make her think. My girl must be a genious! She is a treat extracting dynamo! I've tried the cube on our foster dog Monkey. She is a treat hound herself. I put the cube filled with treats and I hope that Hulda will show her the ropes. Nothing doing. Monkey would rather get pats and love from us. Hulda looks and a little disappointed and then realizes more for me! Didn't I tell you she was smart? Tom and I watch a little TV. The alarm on my phone lets me know it is time to prepare for bed. Things are moving along well. I am so pleased with myself. With bedtime preparations done I realize I'm ahead of schedule. I put a few more treats into her cube and let her go to town. I really love this dog. I wonder just how smart she could get?

No comments: