Sunday, October 15, 2006

Toasting 11 Happy Years

We celebrated our 11th Anniversary this October. We treated ourselves to several (15 so far) winerys in the Texas Hill Country. We suggest it to everyone! It was delightful! A friend of Tom's sister introduced us to the idea of touring vineyards. She planned an all day event which included a hill country winery. We have been talking about doing this ever since. I am a real novice to wine tasting. It took quite a bit of practice (I really didn't mind) to detect the variety of flavors and scents or even understand the lingo. Fortunately there are several winerys run by Texas folks who spoke 'plain English'. I am proud to say I detected the aroma of oak, pecan and juniper! I actually tasted mint! All in all a great pair of weekends and we still have 5 winerys to go! Tom's had such a good time he's taking about growing native grapes! The next time you see us we may have a bottle to share!

1 comment:

Missy said...

That is awesome!